09NFLMockDraft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
09NFLMockDraft

This forum is designated for the most in depth 2009 NFL Mock draft on the internet. Salary cap, free agents, draft picks, franchise tags etc. You always thought you could do a better job than your favorate team......NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO PROVE IT!!!!

2 posters

Don Claymon reporting........

MEDIA

Don Claymon reporting........ Empty Don Claymon reporting........

Post  MEDIA Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:34 am

Don Claymon
    EPSN Analyst

2/5/09

Now that the 2009 NFL season has come to an end, it is time to start looking at the offseason. With a lot of new faces in many new places, I think it's safe to say that we will see a frenzy of free agent signings come the start of the offseason. Outside of the long list of unrestricted free agents, the list of restricted free agents is slim pickins'; so let's take a look at some of the guys worth noting winding up on the RFA list this offseason.

#1.) Owen Daniels- Owen has to be the #1 RFA this offseason. He has one of the best set of hands out of any TE, possibly even the entire NFL. Great size and still young, watch for some teams that are willing to sacrifice a high draft pick to try to snag this dynamic threat.

#2.) Gabe Watson- Gabe Watson is one big guy! Tipping the scales at 332 lbs, he is unblockable by just one man. He is only a two year pro, so this semi-truck still has a lot of tread left on the tires. The Cards are going to have busy offseason, hopefully nobody comes along and tries to snag this beast from under their roof!

#3.) Lance Moore- Another young guy who had a great season in 2008. Moore burst onto the scene with long receptions for touchdowns. He has great speed and solid hands, very young too! The compensatory picks for such a late pickup should be relatively cheap too, keep an eye on Moore this offseason.

#4.) Dawan Landry- He seems to be the forgotten man in the backfield of the Ravens, but who can be blamed for that when Ed Reed is that other guy. Landry is a solid veteran S with experience in an attacking style D.

#5.) Jahri Evans- Solid guard for the New Orleans Saints. They too will have a busy offseason trying to shore up that horrid defense yet again. Hopefully they reserve enough money to retain Evans if somebody comes knocking on the door.

It looks as if this offseason should be interesting, and I expect a lot of teams to take a hard look at the short list of talented RFAs over the next few months.

For EPSN, I'm Don Claymon.

Don Claymon reporting........ Empty Re: Don Claymon reporting........

Post  99 Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:07 am

MEDIA wrote:Don Claymon
    EPSN Analyst

2/5/09

Now that the 2009 NFL season has come to an end, it is time to start looking at the offseason. With a lot of new faces in many new places, I think it's safe to say that we will see a frenzy of free agent signings come the start of the offseason. Outside of the long list of unrestricted free agents, the list of restricted free agents is slim pickins'; so let's take a look at some of the guys worth noting winding up on the RFA list this offseason.

#1.) Owen Daniels- Owen has to be the #1 RFA this offseason. He has one of the best set of hands out of any TE, possibly even the entire NFL. Great size and still young, watch for some teams that are willing to sacrifice a high draft pick to try to snag this dynamic threat.

#2.) Gabe Watson- Gabe Watson is one big guy! Tipping the scales at 332 lbs, he is unblockable by just one man. He is only a two year pro, so this semi-truck still has a lot of tread left on the tires. The Cards are going to have busy offseason, hopefully nobody comes along and tries to snag this beast from under their roof!

#3.) Lance Moore- Another young guy who had a great season in 2008. Moore burst onto the scene with long receptions for touchdowns. He has great speed and solid hands, very young too! The compensatory picks for such a late pickup should be relatively cheap too, keep an eye on Moore this offseason.

#4.) Dawan Landry- He seems to be the forgotten man in the backfield of the Ravens, but who can be blamed for that when Ed Reed is that other guy. Landry is a solid veteran S with experience in an attacking style D.

#5.) Jahri Evans- Solid guard for the New Orleans Saints. They too will have a busy offseason trying to shore up that horrid defense yet again. Hopefully they reserve enough money to retain Evans if somebody comes knocking on the door.

It looks as if this offseason should be interesting, and I expect a lot of teams to take a hard look at the short list of talented RFAs over the next few months.

For EPSN, I'm Don Claymon.

FROM EPSN, I'm stupid. Exclamation

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:44 pm