09NFLMockDraft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
09NFLMockDraft

This forum is designated for the most in depth 2009 NFL Mock draft on the internet. Salary cap, free agents, draft picks, franchise tags etc. You always thought you could do a better job than your favorate team......NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO PROVE IT!!!!

5 posters

Hi. I am NEXT.

NEXT
    NEXT

Hi. I am NEXT. Empty Hi. I am NEXT.

Post  NEXT Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:14 am

Just signed up and I was wondering what I should do...
    Actually I signed up hours ago, but I am just now posting.
    As a suggestion... maybe an introduction thread?
    Admin
    Admin

Hi. I am NEXT. Empty Re: Hi. I am NEXT.

Post  Admin Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:20 am

whatever team you are helping start assembling a staff. Then fill out your team's forum first post and from there start developing a game plan on what you want to accomplish.
    NEXT
    NEXT

Post  NEXT Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:25 pm

Ok, but what do you mean by staff?
    I don't really have anyone to bring to this site with me, but I will go make a post.
    NEXT
    NEXT

Post  NEXT Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:26 pm

When is our draft?
    And where can I find a player's salary? I have a few players that need cut.
    pumpkinbread5
    pumpkinbread5

Post  pumpkinbread5 Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:28 pm

NEXT wrote:Ok, but what do you mean by staff?
    I don't really have anyone to bring to this site with me, but I will go make a post.

7.) Staff: It is up to you on how much staff you need for your team. If you think you can handle the load by yourself, then by all means have at it. However, we will make a few suggestions that will make things much easier and also much more fun.
    - Owner...duh.
    - Financial Advisor (to keep track of salary cap and make sure you don't go over)
    - Draft Scouts (there are 270+ picks in the NFL, how well will you know the players?)
    - Team GMs/Coaches (work up trades, scout players etc.)
    - Head of communications (try to keep tabs on opponents moves and stay ahead of the game, help w/trades)
    NEXT
    NEXT

Post  NEXT Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:35 pm

Ok cool. Thanks.
    And.. how will we determine who has built the best team? We gonna test them on Madden or something? lol.
    Legendz
    Legendz

Post  Legendz Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:58 pm

NEXT wrote:Ok cool. Thanks.
    And.. how will we determine who has built the best team? We gonna test them on Madden or something? lol.

actually thats a really good idea, we should do that
    pumpkinbread5
    pumpkinbread5

Post  pumpkinbread5 Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:59 pm

Legendz wrote:
    NEXT wrote:Ok cool. Thanks.

actually thats a really good idea, we should do that

Yeah, but it would be really hard. No one would believe anyone.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:04 pm

it sounds good but in reality is very unrealistic.

#1: That means somebody has to create 270+ new rookies and enter them into teams rosters along with their "talent level"...who decides that fairly?
    #2: How will Madden take into effect the increases/decreases in salary cap and how well you can dig your team out of a whole?
    #3: How well will Madden be able to tell if a trade was good or not?

So far our thoughts are to collect a group of people who did not participate in the mock draft to rank the teams. If we get about 10 guys or so to do this, we can then average each teams average ranking and the highest ranking wins. We know a lot of people so that shouldn't be too hard.

What are your thoughts on that procedure?
    NEXT
    NEXT

Post  NEXT Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:11 pm

That sounds pretty good actually.
    Ignore #4 in my PM. hahaha.
    tycoon34
    tycoon34

Post  tycoon34 Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:31 pm

Admin wrote:it sounds good but in reality is very unrealistic.

#1: That means somebody has to create 270+ new rookies and enter them into teams rosters along with their "talent level"...who decides that fairly?
    #2: How will Madden take into effect the increases/decreases in salary cap and how well you can dig your team out of a whole?
    #3: How well will Madden be able to tell if a trade was good or not?

So far our thoughts are to collect a group of people who did not participate in the mock draft to rank the teams. If we get about 10 guys or so to do this, we can then average each teams average ranking and the highest ranking wins. We know a lot of people so that shouldn't be too hard.

What are your thoughts on that procedure?

that would be fine as long as they had a set criteria to judge on that the owners would know ahead of time as well.
    Legendz
    Legendz

Post  Legendz Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:53 pm

it is pretty un realistic, the easiest way to do it is have the mock draft here, and have everybody get thier teams sorted out, and then wait for the 2010 madden and assemble the teams with the rookies and players that each team picked in the draft. But that would take a while
    NEXT
    NEXT

Post  NEXT Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:44 am

Ooo... that could work too.
    We could assemble a crew to like preseason rank the teams and when the new Madden game comes out in like... June or something like that.
    Then if one of the admins or another designated person who doesn't own a team, wants to take the time to assign all of the teams then simulate the season, we could find out a real champion.
    And... if you don't want to wait until the 2010 game comes out, Madden usually has an early release of the '09 draft class that you can download onto your system.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:10 pm

I think that the best way to have a judging system would be for us to bring in a committee of guys who didn't participate in the draft and judge on certain areas:

Examples (not official)
    -cap adjustment (do you have more money now than you did before?)
    -team improvement (obvious, are you better now overall?)
    -draft selections (did you make solid/justifiable picks)
    -free agent signings/losses (who did you bring back, who did you lose/gain?)
    -trade quality (good trades made?)

I'm not a huge fan of the Madden idea, just because they can't take into effect fourth round picks and such that will never see the field their rookie season (most likely anyways).
    However, if majority rules that way we will try to work something up like that.
    Legendz
    Legendz

Post  Legendz Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:40 pm

Admin wrote:I think that the best way to have a judging system would be for us to bring in a committee of guys who didn't participate in the draft and judge on certain areas:

Examples (not official)

I'm not a huge fan of the Madden idea, just because they can't take into effect fourth round picks and such that will never see the field their rookie season (most likely anyways).

I dont know that the madden idea will work i was just saying it would be cool, I think it would be much easier and just as fun to do it the you want to
    tycoon34
    tycoon34

Post  tycoon34 Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:41 pm

Admin wrote:I think that the best way to have a judging system would be for us to bring in a committee of guys who didn't participate in the draft and judge on certain areas:

Examples (not official)

Suggestion extending on this:

1.Cap Adjustment
    -did the team sign players right for their ability?
    -was the cap rightly managed (did they go over the cap?)
    -did the team fill all of their needs while mantaining a comfortable cap for the rest of the season/future years?

2.Team Improvement (obvious, are you better now overall?)
    -did the team fill their major needs
    -is the team's depth chart fill
    -is the team depth adequate?
    -extra points for blockbuster trades and star player signees (maybe admin could denote "star players"

3.Draft Selections (did you make solid/justifiable picks)
    -did the draft selections correlate with team needs?
    -was the team able to afford their signees?
    -was the general public in agreement with the draft picks?
    -extra points for "star players" drated in lower picks
    -did the team make a big trade to get a quality player without giving up much?

4. Free Agent signings/losses (who did you bring back, who did you lose/gain?)
    -did the team keep their best players?
    -did the team resign their key free agents?
    -minus points for big losses (or a big loss with the new player being of a worser status)
    -did the team make signings based off of their needs rather than just signing the biggest "stars"?
    -were the releases justifiable? Did the team replace losses with adequate players?

5.trade quality (good trades made?)
    -blockbuster trades of equal or better value
    -role player aquired through lower draft picks
    -not losing value in trade just for cap space.

Also, I have a question. Will we be starting everything when all of the teams are filled?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:28 am